Thursday, March 19, 2015

I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson


I was excited when I heard that Shane Dawson had wrote a book. I was also really excited when I saw it on Amazon.ca. I pre-ordered it at the end of January, I had actually almost forgotten that I had bought the book. Once I saw that the release day was coming up in a few days I was starting to get extremely excited. I have been watching Shane's journey for a while and was really happy for him when he said he had a book coming out. He has done so much, made videos for YouTube, made a movie, has a podcast, now a book. Even though I don't know Shane personally, I am proud of what he has accomplished.



How do I describe what I felt while reading this book? Let's see; I laughed, I cried and I threw up in my mouth a little. You know, the typical emotions you have while encountering anything from Shane Dawson.

Anyway, I was impressed right away. After watching his videos for years I could hear the tone in the conversations that he had wrote. I could picture facial expressions and body language as I read every word being said. The way he described situations was brilliant. I actually understood every reference. I guess it's only because he's a couple years younger than me. I could picture everything perfectly when he described it. I could even see myself in a situation similar to some of the things he talked about. I guess it's because we're not so different when it comes to certain things.

I'm not saying that Shane and I had the same life. I'm just saying that when it comes to a couple things he describes about himself, I can relate. Divorced parents while I was little, fat in high school, not popular. The list goes on. While reading some of what he wrote all I could picture was my experience then think, "I wish I could hug him tell him I know how he feels."

Alright, lets get back to the book.

I extremely impressed by the art that was in this book. I really loved that all the art was from Shane's fans. It really helped make the book special. Seeing the art in the book helped you see that Shane loves his fans, rather than just hearing him say it. Even though we already knew how much he loves his fans because of him telling us in his videos.

I am really glad I bought this book and I know I will read it again. I may even get a few others to read it, even if they had never watched any of his videos.

You can check out his short film for one of the chapters/essays in his book here: I Hate Myselfie - short film
If you want a copy then head down to your local bookstore, or go to www.ihatemyselfiebook.com.

- Nicbeemz

*If you are reading this Shane, I am very proud of you for all that you have accomplished in life. You have touched so many lives and have inspired many. Stay true to who you are, you are amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment