Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lea Michele: Louder

Lea Michele who is mostly known as Rachel Berry on the hit show Glee has just released an album. The album is called Louder, it came out yesterday on iTunes and in stores. I pre-ordered the "Deluxe Version" which does cost a little more, but you get three extra songs. From the looks of it on iTunes, you can buy those three extra songs individually, if you didn't buy the deluxe version.


Within 12 hours of the album being released, it topped the charts on iTunes (Canada).


I'm going to talk about the songs in the order they were released on iTunes.

Cannonball was the first single from her album to be released. I didn't get it right away, but I still bought it. I really enjoy the song. It has a really great message behind it. If I am feeling really down about something, I just listen to this song and it cures me almost instantly. It's such a positive and uplifting song. It really is a song that anyone can relate to. To me, this song is about that time when you feel like you are stuck in a dark place and feel like you can't get out. The moment that you feel like it's time to get out and feel again, that's what I feel this song is about. I'm glad that Lea had a chance to sing it and put it on her album. Battlefield is a really nice ballad. I could feel the emotion when Lea was singing it. You can hear how raw the song is as well. Lea's beautiful voice is really shown in this song. I love listening to the lyrics of this song. Louder is a really fun song that you can really dance to. I love to turn it on and blast it as loud as I can. To me, it's a really uplifting song for when you feel like you need to say something and you need the courage to say it. What Is Love? (Deluxe Version) is another beautiful ballad. You can hear the vocal range that Lea has. It's amazing. You're Mine is definitely a song about how much you can love someone. You can hear the emotion that Lea put into all of her songs, although there are those few songs where it just sticks out. On My Way another danceable song. It makes me want to drive around town with this song blasting.

If you want to see what Lea has to say about most of the songs above on her album you can check out this video.


Burn With You is another beautiful song that shows off her vocals really well. It is an amazing song that shows that when you love someone enough, you will stick with them through everything. You don't want to go somewhere or do something without them. Thousand Needles is an amazing ballad. Another song that you can feel the emotion that Lea put into it as she sang. Cue The Rain is one of those songs that isn't quite a ballad, but not quite a dance song. It's a beautiful pop song. Lea did an amazing job on this song. Don't Let Go is a song where you start off dancing to it, then you start really listening to the lyrics. Empty Handed is a beautiful song. You can hear that it was written by Christina Perri, but you can hear the Lea Michele side of it too. Lea really shows how beautiful her voice is in this song. It's just such a beautiful song. If You Say So is a beautiful song. Lea did an amazing job at writing it. This is the one song that I really felt the emotion from. I actually shed a tear while listening to it. Gone Tonight (Deluxe Version) is a really nice, kind of slow, pop song. Another song where you just have to listen to the lyrics and you can feel the emotion. The Bells (Deluxe Version) is a really nice song that seems like a mix between a ballad and a slow pop song.

She talks about some other songs on her album.


I am glad that Lea Michele chose these songs for her debut album. There are few bands or musician that I end up liking a full album from. There are usually a few songs that I don't like here or there. Although with her album, I love the whole thing. I could listen to this album all the time.

What do you think? Have you bought it yet?
If you haven't then you can go get it on iTunes. You can get the regular album or get the (deluxe version). Or you can get it in stores if you want to.

- Nicbeemz

No comments:

Post a Comment